Year of Stories Competition
2022 is the Year of Stories in Scotland, a celebration of the tales that thread through our history and way of life. In Orkney, stories define who we are, even more than the rest of Scotland. That’s certainly true here at Ola Gorie.
Orkney history, famous faces, and sources of inspiration weave through Ola’s life story and help make her designs special. But it’s also your personal interactions with the jewellery that make it come alive.
Each month, we’ll have a story theme to inspire you, as well as prizes to be won. You can send your stories via email, social media or by post, and our winners will be handpicked every month by Ola Gorie and her daughter Ingrid Tait.
A sentence, a paragraph, a page…we’d love to read them all.
And if you have a photo or two to illustrate them, so much the better.
Terms & Conditions
By entering the prize draw on olagoriejewellery.com entrants agree to follow these T&Cs. Entry instructions form part of these T&Cs.
- The competition will run from the 8th of July 19: 00 with no fixed end date.
- Winners for each theme will be picked monthly, however stories could be used throughout 2022.
- No purchase necessary
- olagoriejewellery.com reserves the right to not accept entries which are suspected to be paid-for or made in an unorthodox way.
- Any entries with inflammatory language or those which are offensive in nature will not be accepted and removed
How to enter
- Send in your written stories to our email to email@example.com, by post to Ola Gorie, 11 Broad Street, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1DH, or via our Facebook page.
- Winners will be chosen each month by Ola Gorie and her daughter, Ingrid Tait.
- The winner will be notified of the fact that they have won by email.
- olagoriejewellery.com will use reasonable endeavours to contact the winner. If a winner does not respond within 48 hours or declines the prize for whatever reason, another winner will be selected.
- The prize consists of one £100 voucher for Ola Gorie, or a £300 voucher for Ola Gorie in November.
- The voucher will be emailed to the winner.
- No cash alternative is available
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable
- We will only use your data for the use of the Year of Stories competition.
- Your stories will be shared on Ola Gorie platforms, such as emails. social media and the website.
- We will need your full name, email and phone number for prize winners. This information will not be shared publicly.